Sunday, June 7, 2015

I'm back

Hey guys, sorry for abandoning this thing.

Holy crap, it's been a long and wild year. I don't even know where to begin with some of the things that have been going on with me. You all know most of the events that have happened, so I'll spare you the recount of those. But, I don't really know if you all know about the mental illness stuff that's been going on.

So, I don't want to go into detail here, but I'll just kind of give you a brief reader's digest version of what's been going on. So, ever since I was a toddler I've had pretty bad anxiety. Growing up it got to the point where I was having a panic attack nearly every day over something. Senior year I got put on medication. That helped a lot. I was managing things a lot better. But then last summer came along, and for some reason I fell into depression. Like, to the point where I just didn't care any more, and suicidal thoughts actually started creeping in. Went to doctors and stuff at school, they diagnosed me with depression and changed my meds. But they don't seem to be helping as much as the last ones did at the beginning. By the end of the school year even Connor thought that things were getting worse. So, I have started seeing a psychiatrist and hopefully that will help. (Wow, this turned out a lot longer than what I planned. Whatever.)

In the meantime, I've discovered that writing is an amazing source of counseling and "medication". It's not the cure-all for me, but my god does it help. I'm going to post the first chapter of the story that I've been working on in a second post after this. I have the first 6 chapters done, but I think I'll post one chapter a week on here (in case I need to change things in previous chapters).

Marissa, Rachel, I'm listening to the chillstep Pandora station right now, and I'm really liking it.

Here's some songs that I love that I have been listening to recently (not chillstep, more rock and alternative):
This chick is pretty badass.

So, these guys are a metalcore band. Some of their songs are scary and I don't like them, but they have some that I really do like. This is probably their most popular song. I'll post another good one by them right after this one. (Plus, I think Oliver Sykes, their lead singer, is pretty attractive. And Connor agrees with me haha.)

I've posted songs by this next band before, but they are pretty cool and just came out with a new album a couple of weeks ago. Here's one of their most recent music videos.

Alright, well, that's about it out of me. Check out the next post to see the first chapter of the story I'm writing.

Love,
Sara


1 comment: