Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Uhhh hullo there...

Ok, I was going to post last week because my internet had been down and it just got fixed last week, but then I got busy. So here I am! Yay!

I've been reading like crazy. Ever since school got out I've managed to read the other four books of the Percy Jackson series (which I highly recommend, its funny and I really enjoyed reading a book series that had pretty much no romance at all), I re-read TFIOS, The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (about a boy raised in a cemetery by the ghosts inside it. Its basically stories of his adventures over a course of fifteen years and he's also being hunted by this guy who killed his real family when he was a baby. Its a really cute book. Also no romance), the last book in the No Safety in Numbers trilogy came out and I read that book in one day. I waited a year for that book to come out and end the trilogy and I finished in one day. I didn't want it to end! I am now reading The 5th Wave and I thought it was supposed to be about the zombie apocalypse, but I was so wrong. Its about an alien invasion. Wrong apocalypse.

So yesterday I went to Cassy's grad party. Some of you may know that we had problems last year, but we're beginning to patch things up between us. Anyway, I had a lot of fun. Julian and this other girl I used to talk too from theater were there. And there was a pool. First time swimming all summer. Hopefully I got some sort of tan out of it because as Will nicely pointed out, I am "vampire pale". I ended up staying for almost twelve hours yesterday.

The power went out tonight at work. Have you ever heard McDonald's absolutely quiet? I have before when the power flickered for a few seconds, but this was almost a minute tonight. And let me tell you, when your used to the constant noise and the constant beeping from something, and the hum of the power itself, silence is creepy. We weren't busy at all, we were so dead because of the storm. I didn't even know we had emergency lights. Speaking of work, I practically live there now. Ugh. I don't really mind because its not like I do much outside of work except read and occasionally hang out with you guys. But its like they're a third family right now.

Confession time. Actually I don't know, I may have said this before. I seriously consider you ladies and Julian more of a family to me than my own family. My parents and my grandparents on my dad's side are close to me, but beyond that I really only see my family on holidays or rare occasions. I lied, I see my aunt that I work with a few times a week but its not like we really talk too much. We can't really because the store manager can't find out we're related or I'll get transferred. I still don't know how I've dodged that bullet. Going back on topic: you ladies are my family. And if any of you ever need to talk or hang out, I'm here for ya. Shoot me a text, or give me a call. I like hearing Carry on My Wayward Son go off randomly.

Last bit of news: You all know that camping trip I'm going on as a class or whatever and I'm going with nine complete strangers (some of which could be serial killers) and the teacher? Yeah, make that eight complete strangers. That's right, I know somebody. I go on our chat thing today to find that Mike Grant has introduced himself sometime last week (I've been busy). So I commented on it saying, "Is this THE Mike Grant? From Baldwin's AP Chemistry class?" I went on to apologize if it wasn't in fact the Mike Grant, but he did say he graduated from Rockford East High in 2013 so really, I had no way of being wrong. Its really a relief knowing that I will know someone on this trip and I won't spend the whole time alone and not talking.

Since everybody is doing it, I shall post videos... Sara... these are probably all songs you suggested to me.

I am pretty upset that I'm just getting into My Chemical Romance after they broke up but Welcome to the Black Parade is so far my favorite. The video is a little odd.

 
 
Followed by Mama only because its just so weird... especially the very end.
 
 
 
Panic! At The Disco's Nearly Witches which is also a bit weird but I like it.
 

 
Mama was actually a recommendation from Julian, the other two I got from Sara one way or another.
 
Kay. I'm done. I'm going to go read The 5th Wave now. And eat.... I should go to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment