Monday, August 19, 2013

Two more days...

I didn't know if I would have the time the next two days to post this so I thought I'd say it now.

Truth is, it's like I'm in denial of the fact that I'm leaving Thursday. I'm doing anything to keep myself busy so I don't have time to sit down and cry. If I do sit down I make myself watch something, like Lost, so it has my full attention. I pack, re-organize what I've packed, or make lists of what I need to pack. I've spent as much time as I can around other people to take my mind off of it. I just don't want to go. This summer has went by faster than any other that I can remember.

I have a fear that I won't make friends or my roommates and I won't get along well. I just don't socialize with new people very well. I'm already counting down the days until I can come back for labor day weekend.

I'm trying to be optimistic about the whole thing, but its not working too great. It doesn't help that my dad is completely unsupportive of the whole college thing. The other night we went to Wal-Mart to get toiletries and other small things I needed and he was just negative the whole time.

The next three days are going to be hard. I'm going to miss all of you so much. I'm still trying to be the optimist.

No comments:

Post a Comment