Friday, February 28, 2014

Put Me In Summer And I'll Be A.....

HAPPY SNOWMAN!
I feel like Olaf right now. I just really need it to warm up. I am sick of the incessant shivering and the trudging around looking like a marshmallow that comes with winter. The sun needs to stick around and the grass needs to win this battle against the winter fairies that defecate all over it.

So, someone on my floor cooked Ramen Noodles without water, burning them (obviously) and then threw them in the trash, melting the plastic bag and creating a boat load of smoke. This in turn caused the smoke alarms to go off, leading the entire building to have to evacuate. I was not in the building when this occurred, but the sickening smell that hit me when I walked on to my floor made it obvious that something had been burned. My floor was absolutely freezing the rest of the night due to everyone trying to air out their rooms. I can still smell the smoke when I walk past the microwave room, and this happened Wednesday.

I have found that music can be one of the greatest medicines to help a person cling to their sanity in times of great stress, and since it sounds as if many of you have been having a rough couple of weeks, I think it calls for a music video montage (or the closest I can get to a montage. You all will still have to click on the videos). I don't care how much homework you have to do right now, humor me and take a break, because you deserve it. So, sit back, grab some chocolate, and relax as you watch and listen.

Here's a song that I really like that has a cool music video. This is by the same guy that did the "Malk" video that I posted a couple of weeks ago:
Here's another one that I like:
This song is kind of relaxing:
And, for those of you who like to listen to classical music (I actually don't know if any of you do. Now I'm curious, do any of you guys like to listen to classical music? I feel like I should know this. Now I feel like a terrible person for not knowing.) here's a cover of a song that I am sure you all know:
I think that I am going to try and do this every week, where I post three or four songs for you all to listen to, because I know that you are all busy, and I want to make sure that you make room for some music in your life.

Also, here's a video that I hope will put a smile on all of your faces:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09C7DN_M0iw

Okay, I need to stop or this whole post will become nothing but Youtube videos. Tonight I think I am going bowling with a group of people. Then, the rest of this weekend is going to be filled with homework and baking. We are going to be hosting a bake sale to raise money for our St. Baldrick's fundraiser. Wish us luck!

Oh! So Connor had me read this short story called "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury, and I strongly suggest you all read it. Here's a link: http://www.lasalle.edu/~didio/courses/hon462/hon462_assets/sound_of_thunder.htm

It got me really thinking how fragile the scheme of time and events really is. How one simple thing such as forgetting your umbrella and having to take two minutes to go back inside and grab it could change the entire outcome of your life. Because you took those two minutes to go back inside, you could have just missed walking past your future husband/wife, or it could have caused your path to cross his/hers when it wouldn't have if you weren't two minutes late to where ever you were headed. What if something as little as a person holding on to a spoon instead of dropping it like they were "supposed" to is the reason why you were born, and without that happening you would have never come into existence. It  freaks me out how the tiniest details could possibly create huge ripples in how much future comes out, and how I'm not really in control of those details because I don't know how they can affect me until whatever they cause to happen has happened.

This also begs the question, is our life already planned out, and only accidents could possibly alter it, or do we actually have the power to chose what we want to do with our futures? Do we just get the impression that we have freewill because it feels as though we make our own decisions? Are our brains already wired in predetermined ways so that when the time comes we make whatever decision we are "supposed" to make? Or are we really born a blank slate, with the ability to become whoever we desire? This is honestly something that really bothers me, because nobody really knows the answer.

Anyway, I better end it here before I continue to rant.

Love,
Sara

3 comments:

  1. OMG WHAT THE F*** ARE THEY ALL DEMONS IN THAT SECOND ONE????
    Ok serious here. That first one had a really weird music video but it was good. And two seconds into the second one I recognized and gosh I love it. NEVER SEEN THE VIDEO. Wasn't a big fan of the third one. I like classical music that's like the one you posted, I think that's cool. But in general, I'm not a fan. Good luck with your bake sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Sara those last two paragraphs are going to make me question the rest of my life. Geez I probably walked past my husband! Omg that's sad. I'll have to watch those videos on my laptop my phone won't let me see them. And good luck!!!
    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Pompeii one. I hear it on the radio often, but i still havent been able to get to the videos. I will soon though. and thats all ive been doing. I put music on almost everywhere i am. It can be soothing
      G

      Delete